Sunday, September 15, 2013

Shoes

Now with a title like that most women are all atwitter! We are characterized as shoe crazy, but that's because shoes make us crazy!

Why do they make us crazy?  Too short. Too long. Heels too high. Heels to low. Too cheap. Too expensive. Too trendy. Not trendy enough. Wrong colour. Out of stock. Our "frenemy" bought the same pair. Too sexy. Not sexy enough. On and on it goes.

My problem with shoes is different. I don't care about trends. I don't wear heels - nor do I want to. I can't find nice, reasonably priced shoes that have a lot of support and are orthotic friendly.

Type orthotic friendly shoes into any search engine and it's amazing what comes up. Sneakers, or if you prefer, athletic shoes. You might get oxfords, which can sometimes be cute - but try putting an orthotic in them. Lace-up boots can work, but they don't work with some outfits.

Is it so difficult for shoe manufacturers to design a shoe that is pretty, can be worn with a dress or skirt, that I can wear with my orthotic. Oh, and offers good support.

The answer is a resounding NO!  I've been to those stores in the mall that supposedly have shoes that will work with orthotics. I've been to department stores that carry "specialty shoes". What's special about them is the price!!

So I wear my sneaks most everywhere. And I own one of black and one pair of brown oxford-type shoes that I can wear, with slacks, when a bit more refined apparel is required. I order shoes or boots that look promising, only to return them. D shakes his head at that, but this a man who owns two pairs of shoes. Sadly the boots I showed on a previous blog are going back. No support at all and they made my feet look like they were twice as long as they are. Seriously?  Who wants that?  Ok, maybe some people do, but it's not for me.

It's sad. I have some lovely skirts and dresses I'd like to wear if only shoe manufacturers could quit designing shoes with stratospheric heels all the time and make the perfect shoe - for me. Is that asking too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment