Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Random Thoughts

I wanted to add some of these yesterday, but being random thoughts they hadn't been corralled.

First, I was just very bad.  After paying off  "D's" Macy's card, which he lets me use (you can see where this is going), the boots I have been lusting after were back in stock in my size.  Yes, I ordered them....sigh.... But my rule is buying something new means getting rid of something I already have.  There's a local consignment shop where I take things, so if the boots fit and I keep them, I have at least two pairs of shoes that I will take there.  The boots are Steve Madden Rawling Boots.  The colour is grayish.  







Yesterday while in Target I found the perfect desk.  I have been looking since we moved here. The desk I was using in our condo in Gaithersburg is sitting in our garage.  It has never been in good shape and it's really not worth fixing up.  Plus it has always smelled musty.  So I get by with a lap desk upon which I put the laptop. When I saw this desk yesterday I literally stopped in my tracks and just stared.  Hopefully it wlll be in stock for a while.  I know, I buy boots that I don't necessarily need and can't buy a desk.  The desk is called the Threshold Campaign Desk and while it comes in different colours the red is just perfect.



So far this seems to be about things I love instead of random thoughts that wander around in my brain.

Here's one - why is it so difficult for "D" to understand the concept of stacking plates and bowls in order of size.  As long as we have lived together he has put them in the cabinets in random order.  I've come to the conclusion that he takes a certain glee in doing this because he knows it annoys me.

A while back I saw an ad for Williams-Sonoma showing a wooden crate planter.  I was so taken with the image that I thought, I could do that.  I have a planter that is approximately the same size that I could plant herbs in to keep in the kitchen.  Have I done it?  I think you know the answer.  All I need is seeds and dirt.  I see it in my mind's eye and know how delightful it would be.  So, now that I've talked about it here I will shame myself into doing it.  With luck pictures will follow soon! In the meantime here's the planter picture that started it all.  It's the Wooden Agrarian Crate.



That's all for now.  I've been goofing off all morning and I need to at least pretend to do something!



No comments:

Post a Comment