Saturday, September 7, 2013

What I did on Saturday

Today was a really good day. The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining. Perfect day to go take care of shopping for an item that for some women, while not quite a nightmare (some say that designation is reserved for bathing suits), certainly can be a chore.  I'm talking about shopping for bras.

It's been quite a while since I was last measured and about that long since I bought any new bras. And, trust me, they were needed. So I went to Lane Bryant. Since I am a plus-size woman I knew I would find the most variety in sizes and styles there.

First I got measured. Lo and behold my bra size had changed. Which, if you think about it, makes sense. Our bodies go through all sorts of changes - we gain weight, we lose weight, we gain or lose some more. We have children, we go through menopause, we get older. I had the most helpful clerk, I told her I prefer cotton so she pulled several cotton bras and talked me into trying on one that wasn't cotton.

WOW!!!!  The new size made such a difference. The girls were situated where they belong and lookin' good!  The only downside was the price. While Lane Bryant is currently having a 'Buy Two - Get One Free' promotion they were still a bit out of my price range today.  But, not all was lost - there was a rack with all the bras priced at $16.99. The clerk went through the rack and found several in my size. AND, they were part of the promotion!  So I got three bras for the price of one!  SCORE!!!  Next month I will go back and buy the two styles I originally tried on - they will be having a 'BOGO' sales on all their bras in October.

The moral of this story is - go get measured every couple of years and TRY EVERYTHING ON!  It
is worth the little extra time and effort.  And in the end you will save time and money and you will look fantastic!

As for the rest of the day......

We had Mahi Mahi for dinner. I dredged it in a little flour and added Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Blackened Redfish Seasoning to it. Cooked it in olive oil. Delicious.  Also tried a new product. Minute Rice has come out with a Multi-Grain product. It has brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice, and quinoa. It was very good - has a slight nutty flavor, I didn't add any seasoning - next time I will add.....something.  But it is definitely a keeper in our pantry. Tribe Hummus has a new "limited" flavor - it 's called 'Everything' inspired by Everything Bagels. Since I like hummus and I like everything bagels - it's a no brainier. Had it with some cut up carrots at lunch. Another keeper.

So that was my Saturday. As I said earlier, it was a good day. Hope y'all had a good day as well and I hope all of your favorite football teams win tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment