Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dear Lane Bryant

Recently I was in Las Vegas and while there I indulged in one of my favorite pastimes.  Shopping.  And in Vegas that's shopping at the Forum Shops in Caesar's Palace.  I found a lot of jewelry and shoes and purses and make-up.  I also saw a lot of clothing.  But no shops were selling clothing for women my size.  Beautiful women.  Voluptuous women.  Why?  Where are the stores for us? 

If I were getting married in Las Vegas whether it was planned or a whim I would love to know there was a store in the Forum Shops where I could find a wedding dress that was a beautiful and elegant as I am.  And if I wasn't getting married I would like to know I could go to a store in the Forum Shops and find clothing that fits my personality and style.

Believe it or not, we don't want clothing that's made from polyester.  We don't want slacks or jeans that have elastic waistbands.  We don't want ugly tops that flop all over the place with huge armholes.  What is needed is a store that sells classic, elegant, well-made clothing that is affordable.  A store that gives a nod to current trends in the fashion world but doesn't suffocate the shopper with cheap looking knock-offs of what is au courant for the 20 something crowd.   And a store that carries slacks and jeans that aren't "right fit"  Real sizes for real women.  A store where the clerks know the clothing and know fashion and offers tailoring. 

If there had been a Lane Bryant store in the Forum Shops that carried this kind of clothing, I would have had to buy another suitcase to get everything home.

So Lane Bryant, contact me, let me help you create a label and a store that caters to women like myself.  Trust me there are a lot of us out there that are waiting and hoping that someone finally gets it right.  And whoever does will reap the benefits.

3 comments:

  1. That's probably because it's normal-weight males designing and buying the clothes, not to mention developing the shopping centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how to sew, so sew, design clothing, make money. Big C

    ReplyDelete